Monday, January 24, 2011

Just Plain Sweet Pound Cake from the kitchen of Stacey Beth

Truth be told........I am a picky eater. I do not eat mashed potatoes, but I will eat a baked potato. I will not eat corn nibblets or corn on the cob, but will eat anything that has corn in it. So it is no surprise when my mother told me that when I was little that the only thing that she could get me to eat was this pound cake with peanut butter (for protein) on it. To this day it is still a favorite and I will use peanut butter or drizzle icing on it. It is a rich, dense pound cake that I cannot do justice to describing. You must make it and taste it for yourself.

Here is what you need:
3 Cups of All Purpose Flour
3 Cups of Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Rumford baking powder
1 Cup of Crisco Shortening
1 stick of butter
5 Egglands Best eggs
2 Tablespoons of McCormick Imitation Butter flavoring
1 Tablespoon of McCormick Almond Extract
1 Cup of Horizon Milk

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease your bunt pan with a cooking spray.

2. Melt the butter and the shortening until it is liquid (about a minute). Find the largest mixing bowl that you have (mine is a 4 quart) and pour the mixture into the bowl.

3. Add the sugar and then mix in the eggs 1 at a time. Once fully combined, here is what you will get.


4. Add the baking powder to the mixture and then add 1/3 of the flour and milk and mix. Add another 1/3 of the flour and milk and mix. Add the last 1/3 of the flour and milk, then the almond extract and the imitation butter, mix thoroughly (about 1 1/2 minutes) and this is what you will have.


5. Pour into a greased bunt pan and bake at 325 for 45 minutes. After the 45 minutes increase the temperature to 350 degrees and cook for an additional 30 minutes.

6. Remove the Pound Cake from the Oven and allow to cool completely. The top will be a light golden color and the sides a darker golden brown.
I am sorry that I do not have a picture of the finished product. My camera stopped working - I think that it may be time for a new one!


For health and strength and daily Bread, We give you thanks, O Lord.




Check in tomorrow for another tasty treat.




Stacey Beth
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17 –



No comments:

Share Just Plain Sweet for You.