I HEART Pineapple. I love it with chicken, with rice, on pizza......pretty much anything. I love it especially when I can incorporate it into a quick and easy dessert (that takes only one bowl for preparation) that warms my tummy. This recipe is great because the ingredients are things I always have on hand and never have to make an extra trip to the store before I begin.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Cup of Gold Medal All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of Morton Sea Salt
- 1 Cup of Imperial Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Rumford Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup of Horizon Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon of McCormicks Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 20 oz can of Dole Pineapple Chunks (drained from their juice)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla and milk. Stir until the batter is smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the 9X13 pan and spread it evenly (it will be a thin layer). Scatter the pineapple chunks across the top.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes until the pineapple chunks have dropped to the bottom of the pan and the top of the batter has puffed up and turned a golden brown.
6. Let cool for about 15 minutes and serve with ice cream.