Potato Salad with Avocado and Dill
from Forks over Knives and Veronica Grace*
Also one of the Pace Family's Favorite Recipes!
I LOVE the Recipe APP Forks over Knives has for my phone. I use it constantly. This recipe is a family favorite.
Here is the direct link to their site: Potato Salad
Recipe App from Forks over Knives.
This is laid out easy to use and follow whether you are shopping or preparing the dish. You will love the ease of it.
For this AWESOME Potato Salad:
From the Store:
2 pounds small red potatoes
1 large avocado
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon (or less) Herbamare or sea salt
1½ teaspoons maple syrup or liquid sweetener (optional, to balance the acidic lemon and spicy mustard)
Freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup fresh dill, packed and then chopped
½ bunch green onions (green part), sliced
3 stalks celery, trimmed and sliced
½ white onion, diced
1. Wash the potatoes and cut out any bad spots or eyes. Steam gently for about ten minutes, until just fork tender through the center. Immediately run under cold water to prevent further cooking.
2. For best results, refrigerate the cooked potatoes for about an hour. (This ensures they don't fall apart when slicing.)
3. Quarter the potatoes and peel if desired. Place in a large bowl.
4. Peel and mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, mustard, paprika, Herbamare or salt, and maple syrup (if using), and stir into the avocado to create a dressing. Season with pepper to taste.
5. Add the dill, green onion, celery, onion, and avocado dressing to the potatoes. Toss gently until everything is coated. Taste test and adjust seasonings if desired.
6. Serve the same day, or refrigerate and serve the next day, (as the avocado darkens and breaks down quickly).
This vegan potato salad recipe and other bbq ideas also available in our convenient iPhone app and newly released Android app.
*This contribution to FOK is from Veronica Grace.
Veronica is a chef and photographer. She is passionate about teaching people how to make delicious oil-free vegan recipes from scratch. Visit LowFatVeganChef.com to find Veronica’s self-published ebooks and keep up to date with her latest recipes.
Sign up to receive our latest Family Recipes.
Stacey Beth and Laurie